Friday, October 06, 2006

Friday Morning Surprise

I finally crawled out of bed at 8:38am this morning, wondering why Matt hadn't come in with Ellie to get me up so we could drive him to the Metro as it was raining pretty hard outside. I found him and Ellie downstairs, Ellie playing with her toys and Matt sitting on the couch reading something that looked work related.

My surprise was that Matt decided to work from home today. What a happy surprise. He doesn't do that often, so it was a wonderful treat. And even though he packed in 7 hours of work downstairs in the basement, I felt like the luckiest person in the world having him at home today.

After his work was done, we had a wonderful time making a quick trip to the grocery store to get marshmallows to make rice crispie treats and even picked up a video from the rental store. After a quick dinner at Bob Evans, it was Ellie's bedtime and time to enjoy treats and a movie.

What a wonderful day!

No comments: