I spent tonight going through old photos and keepsakes, trying - mostly in vain - to organize my life. Among the many treasures, I uncovered was an old expired passport from my childhood. I was 4 years old when the passport photo was taken. Imagine my surprise when I looked at the photo and saw the striking resemblance between the 4-year-old me and my sweet little 11-month-old daughter, Ellie. It was uncanny. I usually can't tell who she looks like. When people ask, I just shrug and say "I don't know, who do you think she looks like?" But after looking at the picture of me from so long ago, it was pretty clear that Ellie looks a lot like me. It was so sweet! Kind of amazing to know that we are that much alike. Such a crazy thought to know that I have created a person that looks like me. Hopefully I can live in such a way that if she decides to act like me she will have a good example to follow. Meanwhile, I will probably spend the rest of the night looking at the passport photo, thinking of my sweetie, and smiling.
It's not a perfect match, but maybe you can see what I mean by looking at these pics.
1 comment:
Dude. What kind of a haircut is that for a four-year-old girl?
Post a Comment