We rented Little Manhattan last Friday. Our friend, Jeremy, had recommended it a long time ago - but it's been ages since we've rented a movie. Luckily I remembered his recommendation upon seeing it on the shelves and I'm so glad I did. It is a great movie. It's a romantic comedy illustrating the drama and comedy that comes with your first love. The story revolves around 10-year-old, Gabe, who has suddenly realized that he is in love with his long-term friend and schoolmate, Rosemary Telesco. Gabe narrates throughout - allowing us into all of the drama and trauma that erupts in his young mind. I really liked this movie. It reminds you of the silly way things were when you were young and you had your first crush. Everything is so dramatic - when it doesn't work out, you think you're world will end and when it does - you think you will be happy forever.
A bonus to it all is that it is set in Manahattan as the title implies and it is a wonderful New York story. Those unfamiliar with New York may find this aspect of the story inconsequential, but for a New York lover it is fabulous! I would recommend it to all.
Happy viewing!
No comments:
Post a Comment