Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Another Opening, Another Show

Well, we survived performance week of our production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. It was crazy busy, but VERY fun. It's been ten years since I've been on stage and I didn't realize how much I've missed it until opening night. There's something about the lights shining on you and how you can't see a thing out there, but hearing the audience react to what you are doing, gives you the biggest rush. It's great.

Our performances went really well. The audiences enjoyed the show and they let us know it. I really appreciate a responsive audience. It's no fun to perform a show when the audience just sits and stares. Fortunately, our audiences were wonderful. The show itself is completely over-the-top, and thankfully the audience allowed themselves to enjoy it by laughing, applauding, and oohing and ahhing. It was so much fun.

Hopefully, my next foray into theater will not be in ten years. I've been away too long. I'll have to keep my eyes open for other opportunities.

No comments: