I stayed up too late last night watching the election results come in. Chalk it up to being an old Hill staffer, but this is what I do on election night.* Unfortunately in a post-2000 election world, it is clear that many elections don't get resolved on election night - which seems to be the case in my home state's senate race, as well as a few other elections. Despite my fervent interest in wanting to know the outcome, I finally turned in a little after midnight realizing that I would find out everything I needed to know in the morning.
While it wasn't the best night for the Republicans, there were little victories that I had personal connections to that made me happy. My two former bosses got reelected and that is good news. I've never worked for a politician I didn't think was a really good person, and I'm glad they will continue to do positive work in the Senate.
It looks like my former roommate's former boss (does that sound funny or what?) may have won her very tight race in New Mexico.
Virginia passed a constitutional amendment protecting marriage.
The composition in Nevada and Utah as far as party alignment stayed the same as well - with Gibbons winning a tight governor's race and Porter winning a tight congressional race.
Things are still up in the air with the Senate and with my state of Virginia - seems that I can't complain yet. Oh well.
*On Fox News, of course
No comments:
Post a Comment