Well, we made it back from the beach successfully without too much traffic or hassle. And we had a wonderful time, despite the threatening storms earlier in the week. In fact, I would do it again. It was just nice to get away. Things have been so busy for us lately - we really needed the break.
The one drawback to being on vacation the whole week of Thanksgiving is that it seems that Christmas has started later for us this year. I'm one of those people who likes to pull out everything having to do with Christmas the Friday after Thanksgiving. Since we were in a rental house, we didn't do that and I already feel like I am behind in enjoying the Christmas season.
I pulled out some decorations first thing Monday morning, which has helped a little but we need to do more including putting up the lights and finding a Christmas tree.
On that note, I love listening to Christmas music. There is one radio station in town that plays Christmas music 24/7, which I really do appreciate. I just wish they would play more than the same 50 songs over and over and over.* Oh well. Maybe I should just expand my own selection of Christmas music instead.
Now I just have to start working on my Christmas gift wish.
*As side note, am I the only one who is wigged out by Michael Crawford's version of O Holy Night? Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful song (my favorite in fact) and he has an amazing voice, but I keep picturing the Phantom of the Opera singing and it just wigs me out - that's all there is to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment