Saturday, November 25, 2006

Turkey day

Well, Thanksgiving dinner came off with no break in electricity, thank goodness. In fact, it was a lovely dinner. The only mini disaster we had was the lack of a rolling pin. We are renting a beach house with a supposedly "stocked" kitchen. And yes, admittedly, it has most of the appliances and gadgets you need. However, there are a few things missing. I had Matt bring down a few things after I had done an initial inventory earlier in the week, but I completely forgot about the rolling pin. I've had the same crescent rolls for Thanksgiving for years and I can't imagine turkey day without them so the idea of proceeding with dinner without a rolling pin was unfathomable.

Apparently there were quite of few folks here that needed a rolling pin, because I had to go to three different stores to find one in stock! Fortunately, I found one and the rolls were as scrumptious as always.

Yet again, another disaster averted. And a happy turkey day it was!

No comments: