The party had a choo choo train theme since Ellie has really fallen in love with anything having to do with trains. I made a train cake, which I patterned after a cake I found in a decorating book from the library. We also had the kids make trains out of candy.* Ellie got lots of wonderful presents from her very generous friends - many train themed toys, books, puzzles, and a beautiful dress all of which she loves! She spent all day yesterday playing with each toy over and over again.
It was a little crazy - lots of noise and mayhem. I felt like a less than energetic host and I really felt that I could have done a better job. I just hope everyone had a good time. I know Ellie did. As people started to arrive she just started dancing around and clapping. Anyway, a successful birthday party accomplished, now we can focus on our next birthday for our new baby.
Here are some pics
The train cake and candy train craft:
Ellie blowing out her candle (with a little help)
The birthday girl and her cake
Reading one of her new Thomas books (I love her little crossed feet)
*Too bad that effort turned into more of a Mom craft than a kid craft. Most of the moms hurridly made the trains while desperately trying to stop their kid from actually eating the candy. Oh well. I'll have to come up with a better craft next year.
1 comment:
I think that cake looks awesome! I love it! You did a great job and it looks like Ellie had fun too! HAppy Birthday Ellie! love Julie
Post a Comment