Monday, November 05, 2007

Last Minute Thoughts

This will probably the last post for a few days. We go to the hospital tomorrow. I think everything is ready to go - but who knows? Ellie is staying with our good friends, the Campbells, tonight. This is her first night away from us and I have to admit I'm nervous about it. I hope she does well. It's crazy to think that she has been with us for two full years.

And now we are crazy enough to start all over again with brand new baby. I haven't really started to comprehend all that is entailed in that. I think that I if I did, I would be completely overwhelmed. So I'm just avoiding the subject. Of course, the avoidance will have to stop tomorrow when they put this new baby in my arms. It's going to be a hectic, tiring few months or years, or decades, whatever.

I managed to get a little cold this morning, which probably contributed to the fact that I couldn't sleep. It's the last thing I need right now, but what do you do? I also finished the baby's blanket. Here's a picture of it. I'm pretty proud of myself for finishing it before the baby came. It's exactly like Ellie's - only Ellie's is purple instead of pink.


We are to show up at the hospital at 8am tomorrow and the c-section is scheduled for 10am. At least this time I know I won't be in labor for 45 hours. (yes, that's right, Ellie was a 45 hour labor) Instead, it will be a little bit more than 45 minutes - a significant improvement. Matt will be posting all the news of the baby on his blog. So check my sidebar and go to his blog to see it.

I am filled with a lot of emotions tonight - worry for Ellie, nervousness for me and the surgery, exhaustion and pain from the pregnancy and the cold, extreme love for Matt and Ellie, wonder that we are going to be parents again, anticipation about the new baby and what she'll be like and well, tons more emotions too. I guess life is this way. Somehow your heart is able to feel many things at once. Anyway, here we go. I just pray it all turns out right.

No comments: