I feel like I am living in a little bit of paradise. Yes, I am still recovering from having a baby just last week - meaning that I am still in pain and dealing with all of the physically yucky things that go along with it. And I am now taking care of a newborn who keeps me up at night.
Despite all of this, it's been wonderful because Matt is here with me. Thankfully, he has generous paternity leave with his job and he has been home since Annie was born. We have had no responsibilities, no commitments, nothing to do but to enjoy being together as a family. Ellie is falling in love with Annie, as we all are. She's playing with her dad and eating up the attention. I get to have conversations with an adult all day and lots of extra help too. I wish it could last forever. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have just a year where Matt would not have to work and we could just do everything together? I suppose we'd probably get bored of it after a while, and it's certainly not at all plausible, but still wouldn't it be great? I think it would be. It's amazing how much better my day goes when I have my best friend with me all the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment