Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Still Alive

Matt's parents are in town so my access to our computer is very limited. This will be the case through all of next week too, as my parents are arriving immediately after their departure. The good news is that I am getting some invaluable help at home. It is so nice to get things done without having to worry about watching Ellie and Annie. I'm going to be so sad when they leave.

So the quick updates before I stop ignoring my very generous company are the following.

After three glorious weeks, Matt is back at work and we are all in mourning. Ellie is particularly missing her Daddy.

I finally broke down and bought two pairs of pants, since NONE of my pre-pregnancy clothes come even close to fitting. It's so depressing that my pants size is TWICE what it normally is.

We are gearing up for a busy Christmas season. I really must be stopped, but there are so many events and festivities available in DC and I want to get to as many as possible. (someone, please remind me that I'm still getting better and I need to take a break!) We've already been to a wonderful tree lighting in nearby Old Town Alexandria.

We had a fabulous Thanksgiving dinner with Matt's parents, Matt's brother and family and my cousin and his family. So yummy, so nice to be with family.

And I can't believe that Marie Osmond made it to the final three of Dancing with the Stars. Helio is still my favorite, though I really liked Mel B as well. I would be happy if either of them won.

Here's Ellie and Annie making a "Mama sandwich"


1 comment:

Natalie C. said...

I'm reminding you that you're still getting better & you need to take a break!! :) It was so nice to see you, though, at the shower last night. Post Partum Depression chances are higher if you are physically not resting up, etc. I read some stuff by Dr. Sears that suggests new moms stay in their pajamas for 1 month, just as a reminder of how easy they need to take it. And that's for normal births, not C-sections or complications. (And obviously, once the PJ fest is over, you're still not even allowed to exercise, so why should you be being superwoman? Not that you are doing anything wrong- sorry, I'm just a BIG fan of recovering fully & taking care of yourself!)