That or a mother of a newborn. Either way, you're up at crazy hours of the night. Seems that I can't sleep even though I desperately would like to. Oh well, what do you do?
Blog! So today (the big day before) there is not too much on the agenda - some grocery shopping to stock Matt and Ellie up for when I am at the hospital, finish packing the hospital bag, get some cold medicine - we're out and I've noticed it's starting to make the rounds. The rest is just enjoying Ellie as my one and only for the last time.
She had a pretty rough day yesterday. She didn't nap after church, which is becoming more and more common. We don't get home until after 2pm and that's well beyond her naptime. So she usually fights it and ends up being a tired, cranky mess for the rest of Sunday. Yesterday was no exception. The only sad part was that it was her actual birthday. Not that she really understood the concept but it was sad for us to have a 2 year old being cranky on her very own birthday.
I think I have successfully delegated my church responsibilities to others while I recover from having the baby. And I am trying to remind myself that I am not superwoman and I don't need to do everything. I enjoy feeling like I have everything together - perhaps it's another streak of pride shining through - so I am inclined to try to rush through getting better from delivering a baby. My challenge is going to be to avoid overextending myself and just giving my body time to heal.
And I guess that's all. Now it's time to try to go back to sleep - otherwise I will be a walking zombie for the entire day.
2 comments:
I have been thinking of you all weekend. I will be praying for tonight into tomorrow. Enjoy your new baby and yes, relax and heal! We can't wait to see pictures and meet Johanna!
xoxo,
C
Shelly, you are going to do great with two kids. It is nerve-wrecking, but you are going right to just go with it. It is amazing how the heart works...the love and joy you will feel will be overwhelming. good luck!
-Julie
Post a Comment