I would have one of me stay here at home to enjoy Thanksgiving with my in-laws and Matt's brother and his family and my cousin and his family. I would send the other me to my favorite absolute destination in the world - the Outer Banks of North Carolina to join our good friends - the Childs, Campbells, Shupes and Kolowiches - at a fanstastic beach house.
Alas, I can't be in both places and I really shouldn't ditch the in-laws and make the 5 hour long+ drive to the OBX two weeks after giving birth with baby and toddler in tow. So instead, I will revel in a very nice Thanksgiving with family that I love in the comfort of my own home. But part of me, longs for the salty sea breeze, the sounds of the waves crashing, the camaraderie of friends, the endless Settlers games, etc. If only I could be in both places.
I know they're having fun in OBX - just promise me we'll go next year!
2 comments:
I'm hurt. I was hoping you'd wish to be home with your family in Arizona. But, alas, the Outer Banks is more appealing. I see how it is. :)
Hah! You got me, of course, I would have loved to have been with my very own family. But considering the very expensive airfare cost, it didn't seem like much of a possibility. You're always welcome to visit, Lis.
Post a Comment