Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

So in case you didn't know, Christmastime started today sometime between 11am and 6:30pm. How do I know this? Because when we were casually listening to a local radio station this morning they were playing the normal playlist. But on the way home from dinner at Burger King we tuned into the exact same station to be greeted by Andie Williams singing It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year. From now until the end of the year, 97.1 FM will be playing only Christmas music 24/7.

I have to tell you, I think it's just funny. I actually am not too bugged by it. I LOVE Christmastime and I am already finding myself very excited about the upcoming Christmas season. (Case in point - for no particular reason, I decided to search the Washington Post website during Ellie's nap today to get a comprehensive list of all of the holiday festivities I wanted to go to this year.) Nevertheless, I think it's funny that Christmas is more than 40 days away and every store I go into is decked to the nines with Christmas paraphernalia and playing Christmas music. Poor Thanksgiving really does get the short shrift.

Anyway, just to make sure you're aware - it's Christmastime now. So start celebrating!

No comments: