Friday, August 29, 2008

Book Suggestions

Next week I am going to one of my bookclubs and we are picking out the books we get to read this year. I am supposed to bring up to three suggestions of books to read. Anyone have any good reads they've enjoyed? Please comment! I'm kind of at a loss this time around. Thanks in advance!

5 comments:

Sabrina said...

My suggestion is The Memory Keeper's Daughter - very thought provoking and a look at how making a bad decision can have lifelong consequences.

Ryann said...

Six wives by David Starkey and The Children of Henry VIII by Alison Weir were both really good histories of Henry VIII of England. Six wives was six hundred pages long but it read much faster than that. Although it may be a bit long for a book club. I would recommend both of them.

Melissa said...

I really like the book, "Angle of Repose" by Wallace Stegner. I've read that book a couple of times since college and it is one of the most interesting books I've ever read. Lots to talk about with that one.

MBusse said...

The Tipping Point, The Kite Runner (a few tough scenes if you are sensitive), April 1865 (takes you through the last of the Civil War and the assassination of Lincoln), The Alchemist (an oldie but goodie , but feel good and quick read - also great for discussion about personal revelation and Holy Ghost), any of the Orson Scott Card "Women of Genesis" series.

Cunningham Blog said...

A suggestion? Miss Shelly, I have a whole website! Check it out and share it with your friends -- I need the hits!

www.booksforbookclub.com