Well, we made it to Utah, but not without a few hiccups. We got all the way to the airport when we realized that we had left our double stroller in our car at home. Sabrina, who gave us ride, is now a saint because she willingly drove me back home to get the stroller.
Meanwhile Matt took our two suitcases and Ellie to check in. Would you believe the line was so long at the Delta check-in that by the time Annie and I had arrived from retrieving the stroller Matt was just about to the front? I've never seen such a long line at DCA. The security line was almost as long. I was sure we were going to miss our flight. When I mentioned my concerns to the security folks, they made no effort to help us out.
We got to our gate as they were finishing boarding. The girls, who had been real troopers up to this point, were very hungry, so it took us a few minutes to get settled in the plane and get them fed. Just as I was starting to relax and we were taxiing up to the runway; the plane halted and the captain announced that we would be delayed for 40 minutes due to weather in the area. We sat on the tarmac for over an hour. The only thing that really made the extra hour and the rest of the flight bearable was the individual tvs on the seats of the plane. Ellie was very interested in watching NBC's Olympic coverage. She kept saying that she wanted to do all of the various sports when she gets big. It was actually pretty cute. Too bad she didn't sleep, and Annie only slept for about 30 minutes. But at least they were pleasant. We got to Utah late and then made the 40 minutes drive to Provo. We were one tired family by the time we reached Grandma and Grandpa's house.
But yesterday was a good day. We spent the day at home with all of Matt's family. There were tons of cousins running around for Ellie to play with and lots of aunts and uncles for her to get to know better. She swam in their indoor pool twice, ate lots of yummy food and played with tons of toys. Matt and I even stole away during the girls' nap time to head down to BYU campus.
Now the whole family is heading up to Park City. It's probably a lot more exciting in the winter, but I'm sure we'll plenty of things to do. If only I could guarantee myself a nap. Oh well.
1 comment:
Can I just say how impressed I am that you're finding time to blog while you're on vacation! I'm glad your trip is off to a good start.
Post a Comment