Saturday, August 09, 2008

Two Week Vacation

We are finally going on a vacation. I can't wait. It's going to be a couple of crazy busy weeks. We've got tons of family and friends to see, not to mention lots of things to do. That's the way it always is when we go to Utah. Never a dull moment. In a way, it's not really a vacation.

The first full week is dedicated to Matt's family reunion - to be held in Provo and Park City. Then we are squeezing in visits to my brother and sister and their families. (We have a brand new niece to meet and need to catch up with Emily's twins too). Then we're going to BYU Education Week. And on top of all of that we want to go to some of our favorite Provo places. I've mentioned this before, but one of the fun things about having in-laws that live in Provo is that I am very familiar with the city since I went to college here. So not only do we get to visit family, but I get to enjoy the things I loved when I was a student at BYU so many years ago. For some reason there are particular food related items that I always want to get while I'm in Provo including BYU creamery ice cream and chocolate milk, Brick Oven pizza, and Carls Jr (fortunately, they are all over west, I just wish they were in the east). And of course, Matt wants Granny bread. So here's to a painless non stop flight to SLC. At least this time I am flying with Matt.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Have a great vacation! I'm sure it will be fun-filled, although it sounds busy. Enjoy!

Melissa said...

Have fun on your trip. We are the same way in Provo. I always have to hit Cafe Rio and Brick Oven. I also LOVE Granny Bread. There is good food in Provo.