Saturday, September 20, 2008
Girls, Girls, Everywhere
I finally took the time to pack away all of the clothes that are now too small for both Ellie and Annie. It was tender to look at the clothes and remember both of my girls wearing them. It would be such a shame if we didn't have another girl someday to wear them. Yet another reason why I would love another girl. I don't get the hype of having to have at least one boy and one girl to complete a family. And I would never feel the need to have to keep trying to have another child just to get a boy. Say what you will, but I really don't think its necessary (and I come a family of 3 boys and 3 girls). Though I love my brothers terribly, it's not going to be the end of the world if my girls don't have a brother. However, I admit a teeny part of me would like to have a boy to take camping; and also to teach how to treat girls right (we need good boys out there who are respectful). But I love my little girls and I would love to have another one - don't worry, not any time soon. But someday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ben and I are expecting girl #4 in November, and I'm with you. We're good at girls. Why change?
Ben is big into scouting, though. In some ways it makes up for not having any boys... in others, it makes it sad not to have one to put through the program ourselves.
Our girls like camping, they don't mind touching snakes (we had one in our in-home preschool last week), and enjoy wrestling with dad, so we aren't missing much :).
Shelly,
Just catching up on your life! It's so strange how much your life can change in four short years! Your girls are beautiful. All the DC stories makes me miss the good ole days.
Post a Comment