Friday, September 19, 2008

My New Ride

So I am driving a rental car while my "broken car" (as Ellie calls it) is being fixed. They gave me a silver PT Cruiser. I feel so silly in it. I am so used to driving non-flashy, older cars. This one, because it is so nice and because I am paranoid about hurting it since it's a rental, makes me uncomfortable. I don't think I would enjoy owning a new car - I would be afraid to scratch it up. When your car already has nicks, you don't really worry about that kind of stuff. Which is why I wasn't too bothered that my car got roughed up in the first place.

Speaking of my car, here's the sad and pathetic news. I got a call from the other driver's insurance. Seems that they saw the estimate from the car collision place. They ran a quick estimate that they do that includes the age, make, model, estimate value of the car vs. the cost of the job and wanted to know if I wanted to get my car fixed or just "claim it as a loss." In other words, they question whether my car is worth the $1000 it's going to take to fix it. How sad is that? My car isn't worth $1000. It's good thing I paid it off years ago. I told her that while she may not value it, I did and I wanted it fixed.

So hopefully we will have my with my replaced bumper by tomorrow morning. Here's hoping!

No comments: