Thursday, September 11, 2008

Whiplash

I got rear ended as I made a late run to the grocery store last night. I was yielding, about to turn right onto a big road and the car behind me thought I was going when I stopped for a car to go by. BAM! Fortunately, other than a little stiffness in my back and neck, I'm fine. Even my car is all right (drivable, but definitely in need of a bumper replacement).

As it turns out, a police car was also stopped at the light and the officer saw the whole thing happen. So he followed me and the other driver to the nearest parking lot. I felt so bad for the other driver (a teenage girl who was sobbing and overly sorry). She saw the carseats in my car and was terrified that she had hurt a baby. Of course, my girls were both safe and sound asleep at home. The poor thing was just beside herself. The officer actually had her call her parents just so she had someone to follow her home because she was so distraught.

She was driving a GMC Yukon - so her car maybe got a scratch, whereas the bumper of my little Ford escort was totally crunched in. But at least both of us are ok. Now I just need to deal with the hassle of getting my car fixed. And hoping that the stiffness in my neck and back will dissipate over the next couple of days. Bleah.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, glad you weren't hurt and the kids were at home. It is truly scary to share the road with teenagers. They mean well but some of them are really bad drivers.

Sabrina said...

Wow - you are incredibly compassionate about the accident, I don't know if I would have been that calm. You OK?

JoJo said...

YUCK. Sorry about that! Dude, I so am going to call you tomorrow when I'm bored, btw. Did you know I still say the word "Dude"? I know, it is soooo early 90's. Too bad...

Hope your neck feels better!

Michelle said...

I HATE car accidents. We were rear ended about a year ago too. I'm glad you are OK!