I attended a very swanky event Tuesday night. It was held at a large, gorgeous house on the waterfront in Virginia Beach. The interior was amazing - every room honestly looked like it was out of some designer magazine. It was such a hoity toity event, they even had a valet running for our cars and a golf cart that drove guests up the driveway.
I admit I was pretty much out of place at the event. First off, I was probably the only one under the age of 30 beside the catering help, and I am definitely in the lowest tax bracket among the guests. This point was made abundantly clear as I waited for the valet to bring my car at the end of the evening. While all of the Corvettes, Mercedes, and Porsches arrived, I tried to act nonchalant as my trusty '98 Ford Escort pulled up. I'm still laughing at myself and the situation. Ah well, what do you do?
No comments:
Post a Comment