It's the first day of the month and I am so excited. That's because it means that I can go to the grocery store. We have a monthly budget that we do try to keep to. But usually by the end of the month we have overspent our allotted amount on groceries. So for the last week of the month, I find myself buying the very, very bare minimum (milk, bread, bananas, etc) just to get us to the beginning of the month.
But as today is the 1st of August, the wait is over. I can now go to the grocery store and buy all of the items I have been putting off for the past couple of weeks. Of course, we really ought to consider increasing the grocery budget since we usually overspend it each month by around $20-$30. But still, I find that when forced to I do live with less and that saves us some extra money. Plus, I bet if we increased it we would just spend more and still need to hold off at the end of the month.
Still, it's a great day because I am headed to the grocery store with a long list of items to buy. Yea!
No comments:
Post a Comment