Saturday, December 01, 2007

Merry Christmas to my Bathroom

So the beauty of having a handy father-in-law is that every time he visits we get some kind of home repair done. This time was no exception, despite the fact that he had major surgery a couple weeks ago to repair his shoulder. Our master bathroom got a greatly needed facelift. Matt did a lot of the work while his dad supervised, although there was quite a lot of things he was able to do despite his shoulder injury.

Here's what we got -

a new faucet - Matt managed to break the knob for hot water in August so we've been without hot water for three months.

a new light fixture - our old one was ugly and hanging off the wall

and repaired caulking and grout on the bottom half of the shower - I can't even describe how gross it looked down there, but now it's so nice and clean!

I feel like I live in the lap of luxury. Not only do I have a significantly improved bathroom - all it cost was the price of fixtures and supplies. Nothing beats free labor. I can't wait til my father-in-law comes again and we can get another home repair done. If only he lived closer than Utah. Oh well.

No comments: