Ellie really loves her big bed. And things are going pretty well with her staying in it. She's awesome at night and doesn't leave the bed at all. At first, she was hit or miss with naps - but then again when she was in the crib she didn't always nap. The only difference is that when she was in the crib, she was contained. However, I think we have finally convinced her to stay in her bed even if she doesn't actually sleep, as she has done that consistently over the past week. She doesn't always nap, but she sits in her bed and quietly reads her books and plays with her baby.
We have worked out an enticing rewards system for staying in the big bed which includes the following - each time Ellie stays in her big bed, she gets three Skittles and 1 Thomas the Train sticker. The Thomas sticker goes on her Big Bed Chart. When the chart is full of stickers, she gets to have a cupcake party. The Big Bed Chart, which is taped to the wall above her bed, has a picture of not only cupcakes, but also a picture of Ellie lying in her big bed to remind her what she is supposed to do and what she will get if she does it. She is very excited about her cupcake party.
I really am pleased at how well she has taken to this rewards system. She is always very excited to get her sticker and her skittles. She only has 7 spots left to fill with stickers before she gets her cupcake party. And she really does stay in her bed. Often I'll come to the door to get her up and I'll find her sitting on the side of the bed just waiting to get the go ahead to get out of the bed. I can't believe how obedient she is. Who knows how long this will last, but right now I'm amazed at how well she is doing at towing the line.
1 comment:
Hooray for your chart! I should get one of those for Nicky. Maybe if she goes without a tantrum she can have something special.
Post a Comment