I can't believe it's only 3:30pm and I'm exhausted. We started early this morning with the intent of going to the grand opening of the Newseum in downtown DC. Since it's the first day it's open, the admission is free (usually it's $20 for adults). I thought it would be a great activity since I loved going to this museum before it closed several years back in order to move it to a new location. So packed the girls up early and drove Matt into work since we were heading into town anyway. But when I got to the Newseum and looked at the incredibly LOOOOOOOONG like (seriously more than 5 blocks), I quickly changed my mind. Saving $20 bucks is always worthwhile but now if it means I have to stand in a crazy long line with a toddler and a baby.
The worse was having to call my friend who I had invited to join me and say that I was bailing.
Fortunately, she wasn't upset and suggested we try the zoo instead since some of our other friends were planning to go there in the first place.
But since there was a little time before we could meet them at the zoo and we were on the Mall, we stopped at the Air and Space Museum first so Ellie could see the airplanes. I can't believe how much she loves looking at planes, trains and cars. You'd think she was a boy. After 45 minutes in the museum we headed up to the zoo.
It was such a sunny warm day, it almost seemed like early summer. Because I hadn't planned on being outside much I didn't bring sunblock for me or the girls and now I am really regretting it. Fortunately, I kept Annie pretty well covered and Ellie had long pants and long sleeves so she's all right. But my arms are burnt pretty badly. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm just going to have to make sure I have sunblock in the car. This is just ridiculous. Oh well.
Still the zoo was fun. We looked like a zoo with our entire group - consisting of 4 moms, 4 double strollers, and 9 kids. I'm sure we were a sight to see indeed. Now I'm home. Ellie is hopefully napping, Annie is bouncing in her bouncy seat - as she never likes to nap it seems - and all I want to do is lay on the couch and veg and admonish myself over and over again about not having sunscreen on. Though the day didn't turn out like I planned, it was still a lot of fun and I'm glad that we had such a good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment