Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Oh No, Broken Toe - Maybe

Can you believe it? I managed to drop a 45lb weight on my toes this morning at the gym. I can't believe I was so careless. It was a simple mistake, I didn't realize my foot was under the weight and the bar I was sliding the weight off was shorter than I anticipated. I was shocked at how painful it was. It only landed on the very end of my two longest toes, but it hurt like the dickens! I went straight home in complete pain and fully frustrated with myself.

I've taken three ibruprophen for the swelling and pain and have an icepack on it. It's not as bad as it was. But it still throbs and stings a bit. I really hope I don't have to actually see someone about it. How pathetic. Breaking a toe at the gym! I guess I'll just monitor it today and see how it is tomorrow. The good news is that I can bend them, and I have no where I need to go today so we're just going to lay low.

Of course, this may totally hinder my ability to do cardio for a while, and that totally makes me sad. I have been making slow but steady progress on losing the baby weight, and I really don't want to get slowed down even more.

And less than a week after I got my first ever pedicure. Pride comes before the fall. Of course Matt (who is pro-pedicures) argued that having my toes painted covers the inevitable black and blue bruises. And it does for the most part.

What a switch to the day! In the scheme of things, it really isn't that big of a deal. But what a pain in the toe!

2 comments:

Natalie C. said...

Oh I am so sorry! That doesn't sound fun at all! Could you do stationery biking for cardio?

Becca said...

Ouch! Hopefully it's just a bad bruise! That doesn't help the pain any but I hope you feel better!