Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Goals Check In

Another month, yet another check on my New Year's Resolutions.

1. Take better care of my skin including washing my face day and night at least 5 times a week. - I've improved on this. Still not five times a week, but getting better. It helps that Annie is in Ellie's room now.

2. Wear makeup at least twice a week - Doing pretty well on this too. Only twice a week though. Who knows if I'll ever do it every day like I used to when I was working and single.

3. Lose baby weight - specifically reach my pre-pregnancy weight by June - I am getting closer every day. As of this morning, I have only 5 lbs to go! Since I want to lose an additional 15 lbs after that, that means I've got 20 lbs to lose in total. But still at this rate I will definitely get to my pre-pregnancy weight by June - I'm actually hoping for May. And I've lost 35 lbs of the 40lbs I gained while pregnant with Annie. Go me!

4. Get to the gym at least four times a week minimum - Still going strong on this. My broken toes have hindered my ability to use the elliptical machine, but I am using the bike instead and I have started ab exercises since it's been more than a month since my incision healed. I still look like I'm 3 months pregnant when it comes to my stomach. Disgusting!

5. Read the Book of Mormon cover to cover - I need to do better with this one. I am behind my current reading goals.

6. Do my visiting teaching 100% - got this one covered for March too.

7. Read at least one book with Ellie every day - this one is so easy, I should probably have made it more challenging. Ellie adores reading and can hear books over and over. I can't wait until she can actually read on her own.

So that's where I stand on my resolutions. I still have some work to do, but overall I'm proud of what I have achieved. I want be accountable for my goals, so when you see me feel free to ask me how I'm doing.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Wow that sounds great with all the weight you lost. Congrats. My belly is my trouble area too. You are so good with goals.