Ellie and Annie both had their well check ups yesterday. Both of them went really well. Ellie wowed the nurses with her ability to identify shapes from the seeing chart (they confirmed that she has 20/20 vision). They were also impressed with her verbal and reasoning skills. She's still in the 75th percentile for height (as she's always been) and in the 90th percentile weight (as she's always been). They encouraged physical activity and slight diet changes to make sure that she doesn't get too heavy. So I'm going to be looking for some fun places that we can burn energy during the cold months. Ellie got the flu shot and she was wonderful. She didn't cry and just sat quietly in my arms. I was so proud of her. She was thrilled that the bandaid she got was really pretty and that she got a sticker too.
Annie's check up was great too. She's right on track with development. And of course, the most noteworthy thing about her is her crazy height. She is off the charts again - 32 inches (99th percentile). That's right, at 12 months she is exactly half my height!!!!! I am her mother, and she is half as tall as me. I'm am carrying a baby around that is 24.5 lbs (90th percentile) and half as big as me. What is wrong with this picture? I can't believe it. They have predicted that she will be 5'11 as an adult. Is that crazy or what? She's really close to walking, and in fact, she took her first solo steps last night on the way to the bathtub (one of her favorite places). For the sake of my back and arms, I hope she starts walking soon! She had three shots and screamed bloody murder during the last two. It was pretty miserable. Fortunately, she calmed down after a few minutes. I hate holding them when they get shots. It makes me so sad to see them hurt.
All in all, we have two perfectly healthy kids. We are so blessed.
1 comment:
The story I heard was that it was ELLIE who gave the NURSE a shot with her new toy doctor kit. At least that's what Ellie said.
Post a Comment