I was really lucky today. Someone who is honest found my wallet. We were at a play area in a local mall this morning and it must have fallen out of the pants pocket I had put it in. I didn't even realize it was missing until late afternoon when I was heading out for a quick errand. I searched everywhere - throughout the house, the car. I knew the last time I was sure I had it was in the mall. But I wasn't sure after that. When it was clear that my wallet wasn't in the house, I began to panic. I asked Matt to call the mall lost and found - nothing. I cancelled my credit card* and said a prayer - just praying that if someone had found it, they would be honest and turn it in. Matt had been told by the lost and found office that if he waited until later he could call a 24-hour security office in the mall and that they might get it there. After my prayer, I decided to call. Thankfully, my wallet had been turned in and nothing including the whopping $3.40 I had in it was missing. I felt so blessed. I don't know to whom I owe my thanks, but I thank them a million times over. Not only has my wallet been restored, but also my faith in my fellow man - which has been failing lately - has been bolstered. Thank you, friend.
*Fortunately, there weren't any erroneous charges on it when I called. That gave me hope!
No comments:
Post a Comment