
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Mt Vernon quick trip
We got a year pass to Mt. Vernon this year because we went this summer with family and after you go twice it pays for itself. So since the weather has been very chilly this week, I thought we'd make a quick trip over there yesterday. They have really changed it since I went there the first time almost 10 years ago. The best change has been the addition of an Education Center. They have this fabulous children's room full of toys, puzzles, dress up clothes, a doll house and tons of other things. Ellie and Annie had the best time playing there and since it's not even close to tourist season, we had the place to ourselves. Plus they are starting preparations for their Christmas celebration and we got to see a former White House pastry chef create a gingerbread replica of Mt. Vernon. It was amazing! It's perfect that Mt. Vernon is only a 20 minutes drive away. Now that the weather is colder, I think we will be spending even more time there.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I wish I could come! I love Mt. Vernon. Julie
Post a Comment