She's back again - the crazy book lady that lives up the street from me. I don't have a better name for her, but that's all I know about her is that she likes books and she's probably crazy. Ok, she may not be crazy, but she's kind of weird.
I see this woman EVERY day outside sitting on the sidewalk with her dog reading a book. She's there every day, well, unless it's pouring rain. But otherwise she's there. From early spring to late fall, she's just sitting with her dog reading a book. Isn't that odd? I mean, really, isn't that odd? Why not find a nice bench or park to visit? Why just plop yourself on the hard concrete day after day? How do you support yourself? What kind of job do you have that allows you to just sit on the sidewalk and read books. And they're hardcover and softcover books too, not manuscripts or anything. I heard a rumor that she might teach a class at a local university, so maybe that's it. But still, it's hot out there. It's humid out there, really humid! Why not sit in your air-conditioned living room in a cozy chair? Or Borders, or Starbucks, anywhere, but on the sidewalk. What a puzzler.
6 comments:
That is odd. How old is she? She doesn't even use a chair? Is it the same time every day? Is she "sun bathing?"
I always see her sitting on the grass beside the sidewalk, under a tree. But she's still a little crazy.
Even crazier is her dog, who just sits there with her while she reads.
No chair. And it's usually in the morning, though she's out there on the afternoons too. And she's not dressed to sunbathe, you know she has shorts on, but they aren't that short and she wears t-shirts no tank tops or swimtops. Weird.
Oh and she's looks like she's in her mid to late 20s, possibly early 30s
I know exactly who you are talking about. Nice lady. She is a teacher so she does a lot of grading/reading. I guess sometimes she wants to do it outside. Her name is Liz and the dog is Katie (I think). Liz isn't super friendly but I pass her everyday when I run and she usually waves.
Well there you go. Thanks Crystal for solving the occupation query. Still, it's too hot and sticky out there for me.
Post a Comment