Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Myrtle Beach - Beach

Well, we're home from our vacation down south. So I don't have an excuse for not blogging. So here goes my best attempt to sum up our trip. I don't know the best way to organize everything, so I think I will do the posts by subject.

Here's the first subject.

The Beach!

The beach was awesome. The weather was perfect the entire time we were there. It only rained once during naptime on Friday otherwise we had sunny skies, (not too hot) and cool breezes. The ocean water was warm and the beach was wide and family friendly (no dirty boardwalk with wackos running around).

Ellie LOVED the ocean. She showed absolutely no signs of hestitation or fear with it at all. Since the last time we took her to go swimming in the ocean was when she was an infant, I thought she might be somewhat reserved. But of course, I was wrong. She really loves the water - pool or ocean. Is she ever a swimmer!

Annie was much more hestitant. While she didn't scream or cry, you could tell that she was uncomfortable in the ocean. She let us take her out into the water, but she was hanging on supertight and not happy. Eventually we found that she enjoyed sitting just past the water's edge where the waves didn't go above her tummy, playing with the sand.

Both Ellie and Annie loved to dig in the sand. In fact that's all they did the first day we went to the beach. We went to the beach four times while we were there and did lots of swimming, digging, sand castle building, kite flying and otherwise sun soaking.

Digging our first day at the beach.
Ellie's first encounter with the ocean - note the wet shorts she wasn't worried at all about getting wet!

Ellie out in the ocean with Mama
Making a sand castle with Daddy
Daddy takes a turn with Ellie in the ocean
Annie all smiles since she's not in the water
Getting more sand

The beach family

1 comment:

Garry said...

Love Myrtle Beach. We did a family trip there last June and had a great time. Did you do the Dixie Stampede? The girls loved it. So many fun activities to do.

I finally heard the rumor that Mitt Romney might run against Harry Reid for the NV Senate seat. How awesome would that be?