That is the due date for our new baby. Yes, I am pregnant. We decided that this time around we would have Ellie be our publicist. She told both sets of grandparents over the phone and even started the rumor at church and in the neighborhood. She was very effective. So that's why I posted her picture first here on my blog.
Ellie is thrilled with the idea that I have a baby in my tummy and that Annie is going to be a big sister just like her. She loves to touch my tummy (which is sadly already starting to bump out), as well as talk and sing to my tummy. She goes back and forth about thinking that it's going to be a boy or girl, which is good I guess. Then she won't be disappointed either way.
Annie has learned to point to my tummy when I say where's the baby, though she still often points to herself as well. It will be interesting to see how she reacts to a new little person around the house.
I am tired, tired, tired. Thankfully not sick, but already suffering from getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and not being able to fall back asleep. It is incredibly frustrating, especially this early on in the pregnancy. I am also totally showing. I am just over 10 weeks. With my past pregnancies, we haven't told people until I was past the 1st trimester. I knew I couldn't wait that long. It is just too obvious just by looking at my body. Ugh. I'm also starving, cranky (mostly due to lack of sleep) and a little overwhelmed. Having two little ones at home all day hasn't made it all that easy. For all of these reasons, this has definitely been the most difficult pregnancy so far. I don't know if I have it in me to do another beyond this one.
But everything looks good. We had an ultrasound a couple weeks ago. The heart rate was strong and there is only one baby in there. (Also good since there's been a wave of twins in our ward lately.) We'll still be in the same season if the baby is a girl which would be great because we can recycle clothes again. But this time around, I'm not hoping for a girl. In the past, I really wanted girls, now I can honestly say I would be happy with either a boy or a girl. Though, I think having another girl would be great. We'll find out in August.
Now I can blog about all of the things I haven't blogged about for the past few weeks because I have been keeping the pregnancy thing a secret. So stay tuned for more ruminations of a pregnant Shelly.
12 comments:
CONGRATS TO YOU ALL!
I must admit, when you scanned the picture that Ellie drew and one was of the "baby," I seriously considered whether you were pregnant or not.
Well, even if you are showing now, you still look fabulous and I know you will a)be so busy chasing two kids that you will probably stay slim for that reason alone and b) do such a good job taking care of yourself and loosing the weight - that showing now or not, you will still manage to look fabulous!
Here is to #3!
xoxo,
Cindy
Congratulations Shelly! I am excited for you. We will be on this one together since you are only due a 1 1/2 months later than me. I hear you on the looking pregnant sooner and feeling grosser. I keep feeling like my back is going to go out just from walking to the park, etc. Hopefully things will go smoothly for us as things progress but it definately gets a little harder each time around.
Congrats! That's awesome. We figured that was the case with Matt's cryptic email the other day :) Good luck with the pregnancy. I'm hoping for a boy!
Congrats! I found that baby number three was my hardest pregnancy also. And mine was a boy-hopefully yours will be too! So exciting!
I had been wondering :) It's just one of those things you don't ask about until you are officially told . . . so having been told - congratulations! We are so excited for you guys!
Congratulations!! So excited for you guys!
What wonderful news! Now that I have days left of my pregnancy, the thought of going until Jan. sounds overwhelming. But I will be happy to non-pregnantly hear about all your adventures in the months to come. We can hang out together, too, since I'm sure I'll still look pregnant for several months after this baby comes (as usual). :) Here's hoping the rest of your pregnancy just gets better and better.
Congratulations! And I agree, # 3 is a tough one on the old body...I wish you well. We're excited for you!
Hooray for you!
I hope it all goes smoothly. I'm glad to hear that you aren't sick. It seemed like my kids were babysat by PBS while I was flat out on the couch feeling awful with my pregnancies.
I love having all girls. I wouldn't have minded a boy, but aren't girls sweet?
Yeah Shelly! We are so excited for your family. Just try to survive the first trimester, and then I hope you'll feel much better. Are you going to find out the gender ahead of time? And #3 was my sickest pregnancy, but easiest delivery:) Good luck!
Jeff and Becky
Congrats to you all! You'll be outnumbered! Yikes! :) But if the third is anything like the first two, you'll be just fine! All the best for a healthy pregnancy!
congrats!!! As a recent pregnant person, I appreciate your most recent post. Thankfully, I will not get pregnant again, but the tips are good ones!
Post a Comment