Thursday, June 07, 2007

Flying Solo Purposely

On the whole, I like being with people. In fact, I prefer to do anything I have to do with someone rather than on my own. There is one exception to that general rule, and that's when I go to museums. I don't like going to museums with other people. It's not that I don't like the people I'm with. It's just that in my experience, I've found that either one person is waiting around for the other person to see everything they want to see. The way I see it, museums should be done at one's own pace. If I want to spend forever in one exhibit, I shouldn't have to feel guilty about keeping up the rest of the party. And if I'm not interested at all in something, I shouldn't have to go see it. That's why I personal policy is to go to museums on my own. I waive that policy when I am going to a museum that I've already been to (usually with visiting family or friends here in DC) - since at that point I've seen everything I want to see. But otherwise, don't be offended I don't want to go see a new museum with anyone but myself.

No comments: