Monday, June 25, 2007

Super Saturday!

Saturday was a busy day for us. Ellie and I started out at the gym while Matt did a little bit of work from home. I'm so glad she has started to enjoy going to the nursery at the gym. She's so calm and cool when I leave and always happy when I come back. The only drawback is that now there's no excuse to skip the gym if I want to.

After the gym, it was time to hit one of two parties we had lined up for the day. First stop was Jasmine's b-day party. The Campbells go all out, so we knew we wouldn't be disappointed. And of course, we were right. Ellie LOVED the sandbox, played Blues Clues with special host "Steve", ate her very first empenada, and fell in love with their overly exuberant dog, Preston. Our only regret was that we needed to leave before she could go swimming in the baby pool, as she loves the water and pools. But she desperately needed a nap and was very sad when we kept pulling her away from it.

After a quick two hour nap (which the whole family enjoyed), we headed off to Brandon's b-day party. This one was at the local Gymboree and what a blast it was. They had tons of things to climb on and lots of activities. Ellie LOVED the shakers, bubbles, playing volleyball, basketball and going down the slides. She even got her very first taste of juice because she wasn't at all interested in the cake, and I felt like I couldn't deprive her of it when she was taking a pass at the cake.

As if that wasn't enough we still had a couple hours left in our babysitting co-op so we dropped Ellie off with her routine Saturday "kid party" for even more fun. We didn't do much while she was there, but it was nice to recuperate a little from such a lengthy, but very fun day. Poor Ellie was extra pooped when we picked her up. We put her straight to bed, but as late as 9pm (two hours past her bedtime) we heard her talking to herself in her room. What a busy, busy day.

Fortunately, we had no major plans for the next day, Sunday, and with the exception of going to church we spent the whole day at home. Thanks to everyone for the parties, we had a wonderful time!

No comments: