Friday, June 01, 2007

How Grand

The day that Matt has been anticipating all of his life (probably) has finally arrived. We got our new piano yesterday. It's a very pretty, black, shiny baby grand. And it doesn't even take up as much space as I feared. I was going through some buyer's remorse (only regarding the size of the piano) the night before it was delivered - our living room is only so big. But once they brought it in and I saw that it doesn't completely dominate the room, I felt much better. Of course, you can't miss it. It's big, but at least we could still keep the couches. I had visions of us just putting up folding chairs and making it a music room.

We've been saving up for a long time and really got a great deal on this baby, which is nice. But still Matt knows that he is never getting anything else again. And to tell you truth, I don't think he cares. He is so thrilled to have it. It took all of his strength not to start playing it when we got home late last night - I didn't want him to wake the neighbors or Ellie. But I bet you everything that he will be running home from work today so he can start plunking on those ivory keys. Even Ellie has taken to it. She was nervous at first, but she's warmed up to it and likes to sit on the bench with me while we play together - the beginning of countless music sessions to be held in our home. What a blessing.

No comments: