You know what I don't think I'll ever understand? People who won't drink just plain water. I'm telling you, it makes no sense to me. You know these kinds of people - many times they are children, but there are also plenty of adults out there too. Whenever they drink anything it has to have some kind of flavor to it. They drink milk, juice, soda, even the flavored water that is available nowadays, but as soon as you offer them just plain water they say no, thanks.
I think it's ridiculous. I love water (granted, as long as it's cold - I'm not a big fan of lukewarm water). I easily drink my recommended 64 oz a day. In fact, on a daily basis, the other only other beverage I drink is a small glass of OJ in the morning and milk in my cereal. Now in full disclosure, I have a great love of Sprite. It is my favorite soda, hands down. But under normal circumstances, I only drink it at parties or occasionally when I am eating out.*
So I do not understand why there are people out there who shun water. It's so good for you. It has zero calories (probably the main reason I like it), and it keeps you healthy and hydrated. There is one member of my family - who will remain nameless - who absolutely refuses to drink plain water - they must have milk, kool-aid or some kind of juice. Sounds like a kid, right? No sir, this is a full grown adult who hasn't been a kid in decades.
Maybe this is why I don't even let Ellie near other beverages. She gets milk and water - that's it. I've never given her juice. And except for the one or two times we've let her have a little sip she has never had any soda (just to see how she would react). Maybe this is extreme behavior. But hey, she's not complaining. She loves her water and her milk. I don't want her to turn out like the people I will never understand who refuse to drink water. Call me what you will, but Ellie and I are happy with our wonderful H2O.
* Though I admit that I have purchased two fridge packs of Sprite during this pregnancy. Fortunately, it takes me about three or four weeks to go through it, so I'm not going completely overboard.
No comments:
Post a Comment