In an effort to prepare myself for the upcoming Harry Potter movie and book release next month, I have been attempting to reread each of the books in the series. Sadly, I've been rather slow at it. I finished Book 2 last night - traditionally this has been my least favorite of the 6. Not that I don't like it, of course. It was great. It's definitely been a good refresher for me. I hope that I can finish Books 3-6 by July 21st, though I think it rather unlikely given the speed of my reading. Even if I like a book (which is the case with all of the Harry Potter books), I tend to be pretty slow at reading it. I don't like to be interrupted which means that I can only read while Ellie is sleeping. And I generally can only concentrate on two or three chapters at a time, then I need a break. It doesn't matter how good the book is. I guess I have a slight form of ADD or something when it comes to reading.
Book 3 is up next, which is great because it's probably my favorite of all. So hopefully that will be a faster read. We'll have to see. One of these days, I'll go into greater detail about my hopes and predictions for the final book (book 7). But I think I will save that until I have finished Book 6 so that everything is fresh in my memory.
No comments:
Post a Comment