So over a year ago Matt and I had some frequent flyer miles that were going to expire. However, there wasn't enough to use towards a flight, so we were given the option to use the miles to get "free" subscriptions to various magazines. Hence, our house is now flooded with various and sundry magazines - some of which we like and others we tolerate. Frankly, the selection wasn't too stellar, but what do you expect considering the circumstances?
One subscription we got was Time. And this move alone, shows my outright ignorance when it comes to magazines. It wasn't until we started receiving the magazine that I realized how unabashedly liberal it is. I had no idea. (probably because I had never bothered to read it before). Nevertheless, over the past year, I have been repeatedly blown away with how liberal it is. They don't even seem to try to hide it. I expect something like that from a publication like the Weekly Standard - which, one the other side of the coin, is unabashedly conservative. But I didn't expect it from Time which from my understanding actually tries to call itself a politically neutral publication. There is nothing farther from the truth. Granted, every once in a while, there seems to be an article or two that isn't totally snubbing it at Republicans - mostly written by Charles Krauthammer, but those are few and far between. It's pretty shocking. I can't believe they parade themselves as anything less than a biased trumpet for the liberal cause.
No comments:
Post a Comment