Tuesday, June 05, 2007
My Nightly Ritual
I don't know exactly when it started, but it is becoming a habit. I've found that immediately after I've put Ellie to sleep at 7pm, I grab my dinner and I go down to the basement and watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. It's sort of ridiculous. I'm reminding myself of my Grandmother who watched Jeopardy faithfully every night. It's almost therapeutic for me. I eat, I get my mind working, and I relax. It's almost like I need to do that first, before I can do the rest of whatever it is that I put off doing that day. I just need that hour of veg time, then I can face the rest of the evening. I like to think that at least I am hopefully improving my mind somehow. But who knows, it's not like I can sit and recall all of the answers to all of the Jeopardy questions (Matt would have me rephrase that last sentence and say that I can't recall all of the questions to all of the Jeopardy answers). Still, hopefully I'm absorbing something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment