It is perhaps a world record for me as far as reading a book quickly. I started the new Harry Potter book Thursday morning and finished the following night by 10pm. I'm so proud of myself. Of course a lot of the hurry was to ensure that I would finish it before running into anyone who would ruin the ending for me. As another friend put it, I was living in fear. Fear that something would slip, that someone would give away a crucial point.
But I'm sure the other reason I read it so quickly is that it's very fast paced and exciting - more so than any of the other previous books, in my opinion. I had a hard time putting it down. Poor Ellie, I tried very hard to only read it while she was napping or sleeping, but there were times when I just couldn't help myself. I HAD to know what was going to happen.
Since I don't want to spoil it for any of my friends who have yet to finish it, I will not report on my predictions until sometime next month. That way there is ample time for everyone to have read. Meanwhile, I can't wait for Matt to finish so we can talk about it. The poor guy hasn't been able to touch it since I started on Thursday. But he started reading this morning and is already through chapter 10. Thankfully, he's a faster reader than me, so he should be able to finish soon.
Now I can turn my attention to the other things going on in my life that I have completely ignored.
No comments:
Post a Comment