Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Doctors, Insurance and other junk

I feel like I am being bombarded by health issues right now. Here are some examples:

In the last three weeks, this is what I have been dealing with:
  • an appt with my ob-gyn because, believe it or not, after 11 weeks, I'm still not completely healed from Annie's delivery - argh!!!!
  • Annie's two month well check up
  • Ellie's x-rays and doctor visits for her fractured tibia
  • my attempt to figure out the various bills and insurance coverage we have for Matt's recent dental work
  • and my incredible frustration dealing with bills from Annie's delivery from providers who I am trying to explain are in my network and therefore, I shouldn't have to pay their $900 or $500 bill because it's covered under my insurance, because that's why I pay for insurance in the first place!!!, etc.
  • picking up a prescription for birth control because the last thing I need right now is another kid to take to the doctor!

Anyway, the whole result is just too much health stuff for me to handle. And we're actually relatively healthy!! I can't even imagine having to deal with serious health issues. Hopefully in a few weeks it will all blow over and I will have something else that is bothering me, but this is what is bothering me right now. Yes, I know it could be worse, and I'm so glad it's not. But here it is anyway.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Jeff just always puts the max on our flexible spending because we always somehow use it up and we are relatively healthy here too. So I feel your pain.