Thursday, January 24, 2008

Enjoy the Silence

I feel like I'm getting a hang of being a mom of two children for the most part. The only thing I really miss and I mean really, really, really miss is the alone time I used to get when I only had Ellie to take care of. It was just so nice to have her two hour nap each day and a guarantee that after 7:30pm, my night was mine.

It's so not the case now. Getting Annie to nap at the same time that Ellie naps has been hit or miss and we've only been able to get Annie down to sleep for the night as early as 8:30pm most nights. I don't know why it's such a big deal to me, but I absolutely miss those three hours a day that I used to have. Not only did I get so much done, but my mind needed it. We haven't really been able to get Annie on a schedule. I think once that happens things will be a little better. And of course, the best thing will be when Annie starts sleeping 12 hours at night. Until then, we just cope and get through it. But as I write this post, I am just incredibly grateful for the silence that surrounds me.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I hear you on this subject too. You are so good about describing feelings that I think all of us mothers have. Nicky stopped taking naps and it took me awhile to get used to that and it is nice now because Andy sleeps the 12 hours with Nicky. So I just shut them away at 7 to 7:30 ish and know that we have that time every night. You will get there. It just feels long sometimes.

Shelly said...

It's so good to know it will happen someday!