So we are heading out to San Diego tomorrow to join Matt who is already there for work. I doubt I will have much opportunity to post while traveling, but I'll do my best. I would be exceptionally excited about going to warmer weather except that today it is 71 degrees right here in DC and 56 degrees in San Diego. Can you believe it? But at least there's still the beach!
I'm flying for the first time in an entire year and I'm flying for the first time with two children by myself. It's probably self-implemented torture; I don't know what I was thinking. Oh well.
Keep your expectations low. That was a motto for a friend of mine in college. He'd say, "I like to keep my expectations low. That way if something doesn't turn out, I'm not disappointed."
In honor of my old pal here is my goal. If I make it home alive and somewhat mentally and emotionally stable having successfully maintained the vital signs of my two girls, I will consider the whole excursion a victory.
4 comments:
You should see Heather while you're there :)
Enjoy all the same. I am sure everything will go lovely.
:)
xoxo,
C
You are a brave, brave woman to fly with two kids alone!! Are you visiting Aaron and Michelle while you are there? I wanted to tell you congratulations on your new baby...I think I already sent an email, but there can never be enough congratulations for a mother who has just undergone the most painful experience of her life only to spend the next 6 weeks with no sleep. However, as we all know...it is SOOOOOO WORTH IT when you get that first smile.
Yes! We are staying w/ Aaron and Michelle for the last two nights we are here. I expect there will be some good Settler games in the evenings. Wish you were here!
Post a Comment