We must have looked pretty funny, the three of us. Ellie and I were all bundled and I had Annie in a warm snowsuit in the baby bjorn. I had to put a light blanket over Annie's head so the falling snow wouldn't land on her face. She didn't seem to mind, as she LOVES being carried around in the bjorn.
At first we just walked around in the snow. I even did some shoveling. Then Ellie realized that she could pick up the snow. So I taught her how to make a snowball. She really loved the idea of making a snowball and throwing it into the ground. I passed on teaching her that often times people throw snowballs at other people. I never liked snowball fights as I kid (probably because I'm a lousy shot) and I like to put off teaching Ellie anything that leads to fights (even if they can be in good fun).
Annie was asleep at this point, so I put her inside and Ellie and I made a snowman. She really liked helping me pack the snow. We even got a carrot from inside for his nose, but I failed in finding rocks or something else for his mouth and eyes. Oh well.
It was a good thing we built him when we did because by the time Ellie woke up from her nap, the snow wasn't very snowman worthy. In fact, our poor snowman had already met his fate. Whether it was to natural causes or the neighborhood kids, I don't know. But Ellie took a look out of the window and exclaimed "Oh no, Mr. Snowman fall down!!!"
Here's a pic of our snowman before his untimely demise, as well as the beautiful sight of our backyard covered in snow (sorry the lighting isn't that great).
No comments:
Post a Comment