During October general conference, we had Ellie watch a little bit of it and we made sure that she knew who President Hinckley was. She really took to him and could identify him whenever he spoke and later on when his picture was in the Ensign.
So on Monday I was faced with a new dilemma - trying to explain death. We wanted to teach Ellie that the prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley had passed away. We even made it the subject of our family home evening which ended with several rounds of singing "Follow the prophet" while Ellie and Matt walked around the room carrying the November Ensign. I was pleased and surprised that even today she retained what we had taught her. When I ask her where President Hinckley is she says he went to see Heavenly Father. And when I ask her who President Monson is she says he's the prophet.
Of course, there is a lot of understanding that is still missing, but it's a beginning. I love seeing her little testimony starting to grow.
1 comment:
Shelly,
Your daughters are beautiful! I just thought today, "I wonder how shelly is doing. I was thinking you were a speechwriter for Romney, but then I found out you have the most important job - mother of two.
Blessings to you and your family. I am still live in New York and now a graduate student at Columbia. I am studying strategic communications. Would love to catch up. My email is dbryhn@yahoo.com.
Blessings,
Diane Bryhn
Post a Comment