Saturday, October 04, 2008

I LOVE DVR

Dear DVR,

It's not like it's hard, but I have fallen for you. At first I thought you an unecessary expense - something I could do without. And it's true, I could live without you - I have for 30 years. But then I ask, why? Why should I deprive myself of all the freedom you offer me? Because of you, I never have to wait for a commercial to end so I can see the rest of the show I am interested in. Because of you, I can time shift everything! Because of you, I can watch TV on my timetable not on the timetable of the MAN. Because of you, I can put on Little Einsteins or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for Ellie whenever I want to and withhold it whenever I want to. Because of you, I can spend a lovely morning with my family at Fall for Fairfax, come home, plop the girls in their naps and watch the first session of General Conference uninterrupted with my husband! We can watch another session tomorrow during naps, and another after the girls have gone to bed! I LOVE you!

Yes, I could live without you. I could return to my old days of tv viewing - once again becoming a slave to general program schedules. But you're worth the extra $10 a month. Indeed, you're worth every penny. Don't ever change.

Now, if only you would clean my house too....

3 comments:

Ryann said...

DVR is wonderful! Thank goodness they have a similar version over here!

Matt Astle said...

Love, it's only $5 a month, and it will be $6 a month when we drop the extra channels in December. You don't have to publish this. Just thought you should know.

Shelly said...

You see!?!?!? I knew it was worth it!