Wednesday, October 08, 2008
I'm So Bugged!
Poor Ellie got a nasty bug bite Monday afternoon. I put some afterbite on it, but she kept scratching and scratching. When I was checking it out yesterday afternoon, it was the size of a quarter! I called the pediatrician and they wanted her to come in to check it out. They were worried enough about it to prescribe her some special ointment and put her on antibiotics for the next 7 days. Crazy! I feel so bad for her. Mosquitoes just love her and she gets bit a lot. This was definitely the worst bite ever though; it's never been this bad. Ellie must just have the sweetest blood because she's such a target. Anyway, luckily everything is going to be ok. We got the medicine and she's thrilled that she gets to take it with yogurt to prevent potential diarrhea. You couldn't find a happier little girl, especially because we made a trip to the Baltimore Aquarium yesterday with Daddy! (pictures to be posted soon).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Shell! Mosquitoes love me too and I end up on steroids and antibiotics at least once a year... I don't know if this is good for kids, but I found that one Vitamin B-1 a day (not the B complex, but B-1 by itself, bought at CVS) keeps them away. They don't like the way the skin smells...
Post a Comment