It was SOOOOO nice to see these women again. I don't know how to describe it, but I got homesick for that time period in my life. We met so many wonderful people while we lived in Cambridge - many of them students. Many times I miss them and wonder how they are doing, what they are up to. I think of Michelle, MaryBeth, the Natalies, Elizabeth,* so many others, it's impossible to list. Most of them have moved away from Massachusetts. So going back wouldn't even help me get over the homesickness. But it was just fabulous to reconnect with Cristie and Corey - see their cute, cute kids (the little 3 year old I taught in Primary has been baptized now!!) and meet their babies. They also met my girls for the first time. I loved showing them the city that I love; and share in all of the little mommy warrior stories. If only I could transport myself back to that time and place just for a day - Cambridge, Mass 2003-2005. Ah, how wonderful would it be?
Instead, here's a pic from our wonderful meeting in Washington DC, October 2008.
1 comment:
You are the best. It was so wonderful to see you again! (And at such short notice, too!) There's just something about Cambridge that bondes people, so thanks for helping us have a little blast from the past. : ) And thanks for being together enough to put this on your blog--I'm still putting stuff up from July! Here's hoping we do this all again soon.
Post a Comment