We had the girls' birthday party almost two weeks ago and I am just now getting around to posting about it. It was a joint party again this year at Ellie's request. Who knows how long I'll be able to do this, but I'm going to do it for as long as possible.
It wasn't anything elaborate. We had 10 friends come, some Ellie's age, some Annie's age. We started out doing a lot of singing getting to know you songs, activity songs, favorite kids songs and freeze dancing. Then we ate a few snacks, opened presents, had cake, and ended up with the kids "fishing" for their goodie bags. Probably about the lowest stress party I've ever thrown for the girls. Loved it. And I think the kids had a great time too.
Here's the little snack and cake spread.

A close up picture of the cake. Ellie wanted a princess cake, so just found the tiara and called it a princess cake. I feel like my letters are retarded, but at least it's readable.

Here we are singing some songs.

Cutting the cake.

Ellie fishing for her goodie bag

Kyle's turn to fish

Brandon's turn

Emily's turn

Cole's turn

Claire's turn

Annie's turn

Annie catching her goodie bag. She was so excited!

And of course, our goodie bag provider. After each kid got their bag, most of them went down the steps to help Matt out with feeding the rest of the bags. I think they had more fun with that than actually fishing themselves. It was pretty cute.

Here's a video of part of one of the songs
And a video of singing Happy Birthday
And one more dancing
No comments:
Post a Comment